Cheesy stuffed eggplant never tasted so good. This recipe is super easy and a great healthy option for a family dinner.
These are extra juicy and absolutely delicious! If your a fan of aubergines and Moussaka, this recipe is a must try. It took me a trip to Greece to discover these babies, so this recipe will help you discover the flavours of Greece in your very own home.
500 g Beef // black beans for a vegan option.
2 cloves Garlic
1 tsp Oregano
2 tbsp Parsley
3 tin tomato pure’
1 Red onion, large
Salt and ground pepper
1. Slice your Brinjal in half, take a spoon and remove an internal layer of your Brinjal. (Don’t forget to salt and leave for 30min to release the water.) Dap them when done.
2. Chop your onion and garlic and fry on a high heat.
3. Add your tin tomato pure’ and spices and allow to simmer.
4. In another pan, fry your mince or black beans,
5. Once your protein is cooked, mix it with your sauce.
6. Place your mix in your Brinjals (optional – add cheese) and Bake in your preheated oven for 20-30min at 180 degrees.
- Helpful tips:
- Try and cut your brinjals straight down the line. Just helps when you are filling them as well as the finished look.
- Don’t be afraid to grill them for 10 minutes at the end of an extra crispy edge
- Poke a skewer through your eggplant to ensure it is soft right through.